Emulation on PS Vita

Discussion in 'Vita Console & Accessories' started by ChrisLong, Jun 27, 2011.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong New Member

Would like to see emulation on PS Vita? I know it wouldn't be supported by Sony of course, but if someone were to hack the Vita would you do it if it meant getting your old school fix on, or even ps2 emulation? I think it would be great as long as it was an easy hack, who wouldn't want to play games like Shadow of the Colossus or even non sony games such as Zelda or Mario?
  2. sodagod

sodagod Cupcake Licker

omg dude, emulation would rock! It depends what the jailbreaking benefits would be though, OTHER than emulators.
  3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong New Member

To each there own I suppose, I wouldn't have any other need to jailbreak other than emulation, lol accept for maybe the GPS if they only have it on the 3G version.
  4. sodagod

sodagod Cupcake Licker

lol... GPS is hardware related (a small chip inside the vita)... jailbreaking your ps vita won't give you access to GPS functionality lol. But i'm pretty sure both the WIFI and 3G models have GPS in them.

As for jailbreaking, it's more about the negatives than the positives for me... voiding my warranty, damaging my device etc... it depends on whether it becomes a big enough thing or not, or i'm not taking any risks.
  5. Dusean17

Dusean17 Ultimate Gaming Master

It would be really easy for emulation of:
    PSX
    N64
    SNES
    NES
    DS
    GBC
    GBA
    It would be moderate for
    PS2
    XBOX
    Gamecube
    3DS
    It would be Hard Near Impossible
    PS3
    XBOX360
    WII
    WIIU
    But I am not hacking my baby
  6. sodagod

sodagod Cupcake Licker

lol king, 360 emulation on the PS Vita would be the dogs balls... [​IMG]
  7. The Raj Mah Hal

The Raj Mah Hal Long Time Member

I wouldn't if it damaged my device in any way. Who would want to damage something that beautiful? Hahah ;)
    1 person likes this.
  8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong New Member

It would prolly be impossible to emulate PS3 or 360 games, not because the Vita couldn't handle it but because there isn't even a current emulator on PC for either as far as I know of so they have nothing to work off of (most emulators on consoles are based off of PC emulators with UI tweaks). But I definitely think the Vita could handle the games so long as they water down the hi res textures and maybe some of the physic's in certain games. Look at Uncharted for example, that looks almost identical to the PS3, minus bloom effects.
  9. Repsys7

Repsys7 Ghost

The PS3 cant even run Xbox 360 games so I doubt the Vita could lol.

I really really really hope it doesnt take long to get jailbroken, I will do it straight away ;)

Theres just so much things that is left out on a stock phone/console that only jailbreaking can add, so yep I'l definently do it!
  10. sodagod

sodagod Cupcake Licker

i'm sure Sony will really try and step up their security by the time the Vita comes out.
  11. Repsys7

Repsys7 Ghost

Yeah they definently will after whats happened with the PS3, but no matter how good they make it, it will still be hackable, and someone WILL find a way eventually, could take a while though lol!
  12. sodagod

sodagod Cupcake Licker

will the PS Store feature apps aswell? like non-gaming stuff, similar to the iOS app store and android stuff... it'd be a shame to waste that OLED touchscreen display on JUST games.
  13. ChrisLong

ChrisLong New Member

Maybe the playstation suite will have apps as well? I don't see why it wouldn't include an android market either since ps suite is only going to be on android phones to my knowledge, if not at launch i dont see it not showing up later down the road.
  14. sodagod

sodagod Cupcake Licker

but what is the PS Vitas core OS? It's not android is it?
  15. Repsys7

Repsys7 Ghost

Yeah I really hope so, atleast if theres not, it will get homebrew eventually!
  16. sodagod

sodagod Cupcake Licker

theres no doubt about it... if Sony don't open it up to apps then more people will jailbreak it and in turn download and use pirate games...
  17. Repsys7

Repsys7 Ghost

Exactly, you would think companies would understand this!

Especially with phones, (im looking at you Apple!) people want to be able to customize their device the way they want too, and you would think the company would be able to get the best out of the phone they have made that they could.

My HTC Desire HD, had really shitty battery life, and the stock theme was abit boring, but as soon as I jailbroke it (in android terms "rooted" it :D) not only the battery life but the performance got so much better, I could overclock it so it ran at up too 1.7ghz instead of 1, the battery improved by atleast 5 hours and I could put awesome themes on it that make it so much better!

Its just amazing that any random guy can make a product made from a full company who makes millions of dollars so much better!

You would think people would learn!
  18. The Raj Mah Hal

The Raj Mah Hal Long Time Member

Everything gets hacked eventually. Hahah :D
  19. ChrisLong

ChrisLong New Member

More than likely the PS Vita is built from Linux, so is android. So it could very well be possible that the android market could find its way on, especially if its going to go through a phone carrier. If it ends up having android market there would really be no need for hacking as it has millions of apps and how the android got away with selling emulators is beyond me, but they have um' cause i have them on my droid 2, just would be nice to have some good controls for it.
  20. sodagod

sodagod Cupcake Licker

POKEMON on the PS Vita!!! woooo! [​IMG][​IMG]