Final Fantasy VII: Jenova’s Rebirth

Discussion in 'Vita Games' started by PatrickEsdam, Aug 31, 2011.

• Regular Joe

PatrickEsdam Vita Crazy

Message Count:
    vBux:
    ⌂3,672

Register to remove this ad, it's free!
    http://www.toy-tma.c...asy-vii-remake/

It is "official" there will be a remake of Final Fantasy VII.

Now as it say's: "Fantasy VII: Jenova’s Rebirth is slated for a 4th quarter 2012 release. Naturally, the plans are for a PS3 release, but there have been some hints that a version is also in the works for Sony’s next console, though that’s purely speculation."

There could be a chance of it making it to the PS Vita.

Also need to state that it might be an april fools joke. But still wanted to post this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv8cYrGG220&feature=player_embedded#!
  1. Akira Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah, Square Enix already said that the chances of this are slim. Mainly due to the massive amount of NPC's and explorable world. They did also say that it's not completely off table, so maybe after Versus XIII and Kingdom Hearts III, but we'll never really know for sure.

Still i hope...
    • Regular Joe

PatrickEsdam Vita Crazy

Message Count:
    vBux:
    ⌂3,672
    Oh yeah. And to me it sound like an excuse. The damand for a remake is extremely high. So i can't see a reason not to make a remake.
    I want to see the old FF gameplay back in action.
    • Regular Joe

bankston13 Lamina Dominum

Message Count:
    vBux:
    ⌂1,835
    PSN ID:
    Noctis_the_King
    The demand is so high that they should just do it and get it over with. Still I think they're saving it as an ace in the hole in case their company takes another huge monetary hit like they did after they released Final Fantasy XIV, which as we all should know was a huge flop on their part, and really only because their executives became greedy bastards, but thats another story entirely. I really want to see it happen eventually because FFVII is my favorite one of the enitre series, so that would be awesome. Another problem to consider is that by the time Versus XIII and Kingdom Hearts 3 come out we could all be dead seeing as how Versus doesn't seem to be progressing quickly, and I don't even think development on Kingdom Hearts 3 has even started yet.
  2. Akira Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah i definitely agree with that (especially that last part). At first the Kingdom Hearts spin-offs were cool but they're going to far now, especially with the 3DS game which looks like another flashback focused game (just milking, regardless if they're better or not than the previous one). Also, remember Disney could be pressuring them to make more (considering they own part of the IP basically) and i think they're just as low-down as Activision. (Disney)

In terms of the Final Fantasy XIII series they did mention that it might be the last of the main console titles (in terms of 1-13); though I'm not convinced. I see no reason why not to do a FFVII remake. It was easily the best game in the series (though a lot of the others were good as well) and it's all every really asks for. They never should have done the damn teaser if they didn't want to answer to the fans.

One thing though on a positive note, I do like what they have been doing recently in at least trying out new battles sytems and what not, unlike most other JRPG franchises never innovate worth shit and fans probably wonder why JRPG are becoming less popular over here. It's not just the "Japanese cliches" that are turning people off, it the fact that they can play more action orient games that make you feel much more powerful and immersed in the combat.
    • Regular Joe

PatrickEsdam Vita Crazy

Message Count:
    vBux:
    ⌂3,672
    "One thing though on a positive note, I do like what they have been doing recently in at least trying out new battles sytems and what not, unlike most other JRPG franchises never innovate worth shit and fans probably wonder why JRPG are becoming less popular over here. It's not just the "Japanese cliches" that are turning people off, it the fact that they can play more action orient games that make you feel much more powerful and immersed in the combat. "

I agree that a few games could be playable like that. But i like the old FF gameplay. Just don't see why they would exclude it in all their games?
    • Regular Joe

Message Count:
    vBux:
    ⌂1,835
    PSN ID:
    Noctis_the_King
    Totally agree with the fact there are too many kingdom hearts that don't impact the story. Coded was highly unnecessary as the only canon part of the story happens at the last boss. Birth by sleep was epic for a handheld kingdom hearts that actually plays a very large role in the overall story. Luckily for us 3ds owners, dream drop distance actually takes place AFTER kingdom hearts 2, so the story will finally move forward after like 6 years of making prequels and filler
  3. Akira Guest

Message Count:
    Damn, serious? It looked like another flashback game when i first saw it. I guess I'll be doing some research now. Heh I'm actually kind of excited, but don't you think then the next big story chunk should be on the consoles? I just miss using Sora on the big screen. Birth By Sleep was pretty damn spectacular. Probably the best version of the battle system. Though i thought the story was kind of predictable.
    • Regular Joe

Message Count:
    vBux:
    ⌂1,835
    PSN ID:
    Noctis_the_King
    BBS did have a somewhat predictable story if you've followed the entire series closely, but I do agree that it did have the best battle system of the entire series. And yeah, Dream Drop Distance takes place after Kingdom Hearts 2. I don't know if you've played Coded yet, but the secret movie is foreshadowing DDD. It basically has Yen Sid asking Mickey to bring Riku and Sora before him in order to undertake the mark of mastery exam, so DDD will have them undergoing that exam as a big plot point.